Make sure you are getting enough L-Glutamine
L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in our blood. It’s a conditionally essential amino acid that we are able to produce in our bodies. It is conditionally essential because it must be obtained from our diets too in times of illness or injury occurs. Thankfully it’s found in both animal and plant proteins, along with supplement form.
- As you may know - our gut is our immune system, if it’s not healthy, we are not healthy! L-glutamine is a vital nutrient used by our gut to repair and rebuild our intestinal wall. An unhealthy intestinal wall might have cracks or holes in which allows food and toxins to ‘leak’ into our bodies and creating havoc with our health. Having ‘Leaky gut syndrome’ can lead to a wide range or autoimmune diseases from arthritis to psoriasis (the list goes on.…) Our intestines will always be slightly permeable, but clinical studies have shown that by supplementing with L-glutamine it will decrease the level of permeability.
- Supplementing with L-glutamine can help you work that little bit harder during your workouts, which will therefore make you stronger and fitter. Being an amino acid, L-glutamine works as a building block for proteins, some studies have shown that by supplementing with it can improve muscle growth, recovery time and decrease muscle soreness after an intense workout.
- L-glutamine passes through the blood brain barrier and is converted to glutamic acid in the brain which is essential for cerebral functions. It can also slow down brain ageing and is a source of energy for our nervous system.
- L-glutamine can help you burn fat. Supplementing with L-glutamine can increase HGH (Human growth hormone) in the body significantly. This can increase your resting metabolic rate and the amount of calories burnt post workout. By burning more calories post workout, you will be tapping into your fat stores for a longer period of time resulting in fatloss.
- L-glutamine helps those suffering from IBS and diarrhea by protecting the mucus membrane of the esophagus and intestines. The mucus membrane protects us against bad bacteria during digestion.
Always speak to your Doctor before starting a new supplement as there are some illnesses that can be made worse by taking this supplement.