With summer here I thought I would share five of the top benefits of making watermelon a summer time staple for the whole family.
- Watermelon has a high water content (over 90%) It contains potassium and magnesium which are importing in aiding detoxification and reducing water retention.
- Watermelon contain a good amount of lycopene and vitamin C which helps the immune system fight off disease causing free radicals.
- Watermelon contain vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. Studies show that getting enough vitamin A in your diet can keep your eyes healthy and help in the prevention against age related macular degeneration.
- The vitamin A and C found in watermelon act as antioxidants protecting our cells from damage caused by free radicals which can lead our skin to age faster. Vitamin C also helps boost collagen production and the vitamin A helps protect our skin from UV damage.
- The lycopene found in watermelon is linked to lowering the risk of prostate cancer.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.