Weaning Veggie Muffins
With this week being National Weaning Week, I though I would share one of my favourite healthy baby friendly recipes. I started making these for my son when he was around 10months old. They are great snack to have stored in the deep freeze.
- 50g unsalted butter
- 140g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150ml greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of finely grated courgette
- 1/2 cup of finely grated carrots
- 30g finest grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees.
- Sift flour, bicarb and baking powder together
- Beat egg and yoghurt and melted butter together.
- Squeeze any excess water out of the courgettes (you can use a muslin or just your hands to do this)
- Mix the grated courgette, carrot, pepper and cheese together and then add to egg and yoghurt mixture.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- I used silicon muffin cases to line the muffin tin.
- Divide the mixture amongst the muffin cases and bake in the over for 15-20mins.
Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled they can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.