Recipe - Chewy oatmeal and raisin cookies
Nothing smells better than a batch of freshly cooked oatmeal and raisin cookies cooling in the kitchen.
- 1 cup of soft butter
- 1 cup of soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- preheat the oven to 170degrees
- cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture one by one - beating the mixture between each egg.
- add the vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, bicarb, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt.
- add flour mixture slowly to wet mixture - I use a spatula for this as it creates less mess than the electric beater.
- once flour and wet mixture are combined add in the oats and raisins (definately use a spatula for this part)
- grease a baking sheet, roll mixture into balls (about the size of a 50p coin) and place on baking sheet with about 5cms between each ball.
- bake for 10-12minutes
- remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet for 5minutes before transferring over to cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 8-10 until mixture is finished.
- Taste test a cookie - you earned it!
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.