Weekly Tip - Ginger Root
Ginger Root and the benefits Ginger (zingiber officinale) is a flowering plant, but we mostly know it for it’s root (rhizome) which has been used for hundreds of years for its health benefits and as tasty ingredient when cooking. You can find it in many forms, including the whole root, powder, capsules or even essential oil. Ginger contains a wide range of important vitamins and minerals. It also contains gingerol an active chemical component that is related to capsaicin and pipeline, and it’s what gives chilli peppers and black pepper their spiciness. Gingerol is a potent antioxidant with anti inflammatory benefits.
Some of the benefits of ginger root:-
- Ginger root contains powerful anti fungal properties, and this makes its excellent for helping to kill off fungal infections.
Helps treat nausea - a natural remedy for motion and morning sickness. Some studies have shown it to be as effective as anti-nausea medication. Ginger has been shown to calm your stomach and aid in digestion. If you are pregnant and struggling with morning sickness, speak to your doctor before increasing you ginger intake as it can be unsafe for woman who have had miscarriages or clotting disorders.
- You may have seen shots of ginger being sold in health cafes during cold and flu season. This is because fresh ginger can help protect your respiratory system, sooth throat pain and boost your immune system. When ever I’m unwell I always feel i recover faster when drinking hot lemon, ginger and honey.
- Ginger has anti-cancer properties thanks to the gingerol. Gingerol may be effective in blocking the growth and development of cancer cells.
- Lowers cholesterol levels. Studies have shown ginger to significantly reduce the levels of bad cholesterol found in the blood and raise good cholesterol levels.
- Ginger is an excellent anti inflammatory - and can help reduce muscle and joint pain.
- It helps with menstrual cramps - Ginger is one the most commonly used herbal remedies for period pains. Some studies have shown it to work as effectively as if you were taking NSAIDS.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.