The Benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen is natures most complete food, it has almost all the nutrients required by the human body to thrive.
Bees collect pollen from plants and transport it back to the hive where it is stored as food. It’s made up of a mixture of pollen, nectar, enzymes and secretions from the bees. The colour of the pollen ranges from a bright yellow to a dark brown depending on the plant species.
What gives it a ‘Superfood” status is what it’s made up of. A composition of amino acids, vitamins, lipids, macronutrients, micronutrients and flavonoids. Bee pollen a very good alternative therapy for treating illnesses know as apitherapy (the medicinal use of products made by honeybees.)
The benefits of supplementing with bee pollen are….
- Reduces inflammation - the benefits of bee pollen when it comes to inflammation have been compared to some anti inflammatory drugs. It can be used for acute or chronic inflammatory conditions.
- An excellent anti oxidant - containing flavonoids, carotenoids, quercetin, kaempferol and glutathione. Protecting our bodies from free radicals and other chronic diseases.
- Immune boosting thanks to its antimicrobial and and antiviral properties.
- Helps relieve stress by boosting blood supply to the nervous system which strengthens it again after it’s been weakened by stress.
- Promotes healing by increasing blood supply to the vessels and its antimicrobial properties.
- Protects against liver toxicity by enhancing the livers detoxifying ability and by promoting the healing caused by the toxicity.
- Improves concentration by reducing brain fatigue, thus improving mental alertness.
You can buy bee pollen is most health food stores, in it’s natural form which can be added to smoothies, granola etc or if you prefer to take a capsule try BeeHealth Pure Bee Pollen capsules (Now 25% off on our website)
*Note : You shouldn't take bee pollen if you have an allergy to bees or you are pregnant/breastfeeding.