Weekly Tip: Nasty FREE Nut Butter
If you want to be 100% sure that your nut butter contains no nasties - make it yourself. It really is so easy!
All you need are nuts, salt, olive oil and a blender.
I try always use nuts that have already been activated - but thats not always an option, and living in the bush in the middle of nowhere it can be hard to get any sort of nut! Today i was lucky and found shelled peanuts being sold on the side of the road!!
All you need to do is add the nuts to the blender with 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of salt and blend. The nuts already contain their own oil and form a paste so you might not need to add any olive oil.
You can be creative when making nut butters
- use coconut oil instead of olive
- add cinnamon
- chopped up dark chocolate pieces
- honey to sweeten
- mixed nuts
- Habits - good and bad The definition of HABIT - a settled or regular tendency or practice especially one that is hard to give up. A lot of the time when i meet a client for nutrition consultation and have a look at their food diary i can straight away see what needs to b
- Weekly Tip - How to activate nuts and why you need to do it! I always recommend activating nuts to clients - it removed the phytic acid and makes all the nutrients in the nuts more absorbable.
- Krystina's Weekly Tip Start your day off with a warm glass of water and table spoon of apple cider vinegar "the mother"
- Weekly Tip: Overnight Oats Quick and simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before.