Weekly Tip: Raw Vegan Chocolate
This is one of my favourite recipes. Delicious healthier way to get your chocolate fix!
Containing organic coconut oil which is packed with auric acid to strengthen the immune system and raw organic cacao which is high in antioxidants, iron, calcium and magnesium. These raw chocolates aren't just a tasty treat - they are also a delicious way to up your nutrient intake!
Notice i said cacao not cocoa! they look the same but cocoa has been heated at high temperatures so loses a lot of its nutrient profile.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
You can add nuts, seeds, coconut chips etc in if you would like. I personally like adding in cashew nuts for a little crunch. You can also switch the maple syrup for agave
Heat coconut oil and cacao together in a sauce pan. Stir in the salt and maple syrup. Take off the heat and add in any extras. Pour into silicon moulds and leave to set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Habits - good and bad The definition of HABIT - a settled or regular tendency or practice especially one that is hard to give up. A lot of the time when i meet a client for nutrition consultation and have a look at their food diary i can straight away see what needs to b
- Coconuts As we are about to travel to Mozambique I thought this next blog could be on something that is found along the beautiful coast line….Coconuts. Coconuts are making a huge comeback as a health food, and you will find them in many forms in your
- Krystina's Weekly Tip Start your day off with a warm glass of water and table spoon of apple cider vinegar "the mother"
- Weekly Tip: Overnight Oats Quick and simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before.