Weekly Tip: Salmon
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. It contains a high level of omega 3 along with a load of other vitamins and minerals. Make sure you get at least one to two servings of this nutritious fish a week.
Some of the benefits of including salmon in your diet are:
- Improves bone health - the fatty acids found in salmon can keep bones healthy and help prevent osteoporosis
- Boosts brain function - omega 3's have been shown to improve brain function and memory!
- Good for your heart - due to its inflammatory fighting and ability reduce blood pressure.
- Gives you glowing skin - the astaxanthin found in salmon fights and reduces the effects of free radical damage which can cause your skin to age.
- Good for your eyes - omega 3's are essential for eye development in babies, so if you are breastfeeding including salmon in your diet will be of benefit to you and your child.