Cranberry and Orange muffins
Following on from my last weekly tip ‘the health benefits of cranberries.’ I thought I would share this delicious recipe as another way to get this super nutritious fruit into your diet.
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons on orange zest
- 1 and 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees
- Prepare muffin tray by either spraying or adding muffin cases
- Add butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and cream together using an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter sugar mixture one at time.
- Add the yoghurt, vanilla bean paste orange zest, orange juice and milk to the mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the four, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet using a spoon to fold the mixture together.
- Fold in the frozen cranberries and pumpkin seeds to the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cases until nearly full
- Bake in the oven for around 25minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.