CoQ10 is short for Coenzyme Q10 is a compound that our body produces naturally and found in some of the foods we eat. In its active form it goes by the name ubiquinol and it is in every cell of our body with the most concentrated forms in our heart, liver, kidneys and pancreas.
Coenzyme Q10 works as an antioxidant protecting our bodies from oxidative stress which can lead to many health conditions and ageing. It also is required for our cells to generate ATP energy from the foods we eat. ATP energy is crucial to every cell in our body so that they can maintain energy production and do their job efficiently. The more active the muscle or cell the more coenzyme Q10 it needs to produce.
CoQ10 has many other health benefits including
- Helping to treat male infertility - studies have shown CoQ10 may help increase sperm count and mobility.
- Treat symptoms of fybromaliga - Supplementing with CoQ10 has shown to help decrease the symptoms associated with fybromaliga.
- Slow down ageing - supplementing with CoQ10 has been shown to help slow down the ageing process on a cellular level, and it’s also a popular ingredient in topical anti ageing products.
- Reduce cognitive decline - CoQ10 may help decrease cognitive decline thanks to it antioxidant properties which reduce oxidative stress.
- Help improve heart health - more studies are still needed but there is potential for CoQ10 to treat heart problems.
- May be helpful in the treatment and prevention of certain cancers, and increase the effectiveness of the medication.
Whilst our body can produce CoQ10 naturally without the need for foods, it is still beneficial to eat foods that contain it. As we age our body produces less CoQ10 naturally. Foods containing C0Q10 are - beef, chicken, rainbow trout, sardines, mackerel, sesame seeds, pistachio nuts, broccoli, cauliflower, oranges, strawberries and eggs. In some cases a supplement form is needed to increase levels of CoQ10 as the food only contain small amounts.
Always speak to your Doctor before starting a new supplement, especially if you are on existing medication to prevent any contraindications.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.