Weekly Tip - Ginger lime and coconut drizzle loaf.
Following on from my last post I thought I would share this delicious way of adding ginger to your diet.
Ginger contains a wide range of important vitamins and minerals. It also contains gingerol an active chemical component that is related to capsaicin and pipeline, and it’s what gives chilli peppers and black pepper their spiciness. Gingerol is a potent antioxidant with anti inflammatory benefits.
- 180g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 6 limes
- 3 eggs beaten
- 125g plain flour
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 thumbs ginger grated
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g candied ginger
- 50g coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Prepare a loaf tin by lining with baking paper.
- Using a food processor beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Grate the limes and add them to the butter sugar mixture.
- Add the eggs to the food processor and beat until just mixed in.
- Fold in the remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, desiccated coconut)
- Stir in the grated ginger and 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Spoon in the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50mins.
- Squeeze 3 tablespoons of lime juice with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Prick holes in the top of the baked loaf and then pour the lime and icing sugar mixture on top and let it soak in.
- Leave too cool for another 10minutes before removing from the tin.
- Mix another 2 tablespoons of lime juice with the remaining icing sugar.
- Drizzle on top.
- Slice up the candied ginger finely and scatter over the top along with the coconut chips.
Exemplary service with such a kind and considerate lady too at the end if the phone, I am so grateful.
This is a fantastic product and really does improve your immune system. It really really works.